Join 144 other subscribers
- Consciousness as Mimicry
- Is Northoff Pointing the Way to Solve the Serious (Hard) Problem?
- Ends and Odds
- The Problem of Particles
- The Mystery of Consciousness
- Doughnuts in the Brain
- What Wind Tunnels Can Tell Us About Consciousness
- Waves and Dimensions
- Fickle Neurons
- Why Is There Magnetite in the Human Brain?
- The Doors of Perception
- Everything You Need to Know About Metaphysics
- Inspiration 4
- Artificial Neural Nets and Learning
- Veridical OBEs and NDEs?
- Electromagnetism Is a Property of Spacetime Itself
- Two Recent Articles on Neurons
- UFOs, UAPs, and UEPs(?)
- Did Homo erectus speak?
- The Other Simulation Hypothesis
- Secret Ingredient?
- The Hidden Spring
- Spontaneous Electrical Low-frequency Oscillations (SELFOs)
- Feeling Neurons?
- Civil Servant With No Brain Explained
- The First Minds: Caterpillars, Karyotes, and Consciousness
- Cellular Basis of Consciousness
- EM Field Integrates Information Spatially in Brain
- Time Loops
- Reporting Crows
- Fully Automated Luxury … Dancing? (A futuristic conspiracy theory) — Turing’s Radiator
- Brief Followup to World As Neural Network
- World As Neural Network?
- Origins of Qualia and Self
- Brain As Emulator
- Magnetic Universe
- Aging and the Gut Brain Axis
- Duke Study May Confirm McFadden Prediction
- The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Conspiracies
- Rubber Hands
- Does Science Need Metaphysics?
- COVID-19 Alternatives
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part II
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part I
- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- Origin of Probabilities
- No More Secrets
- Predictions Are Very Hard
- AI Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Consciousness Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Human Survival Information Intelligence Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Philosophy Psychedelics Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Uncategorized Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Electromagnetism
Doughnuts in the Brain
By Rswilcox – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=73919081 The illustration above is of a tokamak. That is a device scientists have been working with for decades to make nuclear fusion possible. So far surprisingly few positive results but it … Continue reading
Posted in Consciousness, Electromagnetism Leave a comment
What Wind Tunnels Can Tell Us About Consciousness
Making certain a wing and fuselage design in a new airplane works as expected is critical before the airplane flies. It also isn’t easy. The dynamics of air flow is complicated and the number of variables so enormous that the … Continue reading
Posted in Consciousness, Electromagnetism, Information, Psychedelics 42 Comments
Waves and Dimensions
Brain waves were discovered over a hundred years ago and first measured crudely with an electroencephalogram in 1924. We know the brain is always active, even during sleep, and the patterns of activity change with our conscious state. A few … Continue reading
Posted in Consciousness, Electromagnetism, Information, Psychedelics 24 Comments