- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- Origin of Probabilities
- No More Secrets
- Predictions Are Very Hard
- The Algorithmic Origins of Life
- Lost History: Revenge of the Nerds
- Climate of Change
- Julian Huxley and a New Animism
- Why the Future Needs Us Part II
- Why the Future Needs Us Part I
- Eros, Thanatos, and Tantra
- Don Luis
- On the Run
- Into the Hive
- Interesting Times
Category Archives: Transhumanism
The Edge question for 2015 is “What do you think about machines that think?” The first two responses I read were from Sean Carroll and Nick Bostrom. I have been a long time followier of Sean Carroll blog’s Preposterous Universe and have … Continue reading
Thanks to Naturalistic Pantheist Musings for pointing to this interview of Christof Koch in Wired Magazine. Koch is a neuroscientist who believes consciousness arises whenever a sufficient level of complexity arises in an information processing system.