- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- 2012 AI Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Cold fusion Consciousness DMT Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Human Survival Intelligence Kundalini Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Transhumanism
The Edge question for 2015 is “What do you think about machines that think?” The first two responses I read were from Sean Carroll and Nick Bostrom. I have been a long time followier of Sean Carroll blog’s Preposterous Universe and have … Continue reading
Thanks to Naturalistic Pantheist Musings for pointing to this interview of Christof Koch in Wired Magazine. Koch is a neuroscientist who believes consciousness arises whenever a sufficient level of complexity arises in an information processing system.