- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- 2012 AI Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Cold fusion Consciousness DMT Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Human Survival Intelligence Kundalini Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Futurism
Vic Grout has post at Turing’s Radiator on What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive? (And Why is Trump Such a Complete Bellend?). The four pillars he comes up with are: No Non-Renewable Energy No Nuclear Weapons No Countries No Capitalism … Continue reading
The following is written in response to my friend Rick Searle’s Far Future Project. It is an attempt to prognosticate the future 500, 10,000, 1 million, and 1 billion years from now.
Predictions are very hard, especially about the future – Niels Bohr but often attributed to Yogi Berra The latest paper to predict the inevitable collapse of civilization comes from Paul Ehrlich: “Can a collapse of global civilization be avoided?” Ehrlich … Continue reading