Join 144 other subscribers
- Consciousness as Mimicry
- Is Northoff Pointing the Way to Solve the Serious (Hard) Problem?
- Ends and Odds
- The Problem of Particles
- The Mystery of Consciousness
- Doughnuts in the Brain
- What Wind Tunnels Can Tell Us About Consciousness
- Waves and Dimensions
- Fickle Neurons
- Why Is There Magnetite in the Human Brain?
- The Doors of Perception
- Everything You Need to Know About Metaphysics
- Inspiration 4
- Artificial Neural Nets and Learning
- Veridical OBEs and NDEs?
- Electromagnetism Is a Property of Spacetime Itself
- Two Recent Articles on Neurons
- UFOs, UAPs, and UEPs(?)
- Did Homo erectus speak?
- The Other Simulation Hypothesis
- Secret Ingredient?
- The Hidden Spring
- Spontaneous Electrical Low-frequency Oscillations (SELFOs)
- Feeling Neurons?
- Civil Servant With No Brain Explained
- The First Minds: Caterpillars, Karyotes, and Consciousness
- Cellular Basis of Consciousness
- EM Field Integrates Information Spatially in Brain
- Time Loops
- Reporting Crows
- Fully Automated Luxury … Dancing? (A futuristic conspiracy theory) — Turing’s Radiator
- Brief Followup to World As Neural Network
- World As Neural Network?
- Origins of Qualia and Self
- Brain As Emulator
- Magnetic Universe
- Aging and the Gut Brain Axis
- Duke Study May Confirm McFadden Prediction
- The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Conspiracies
- Rubber Hands
- Does Science Need Metaphysics?
- COVID-19 Alternatives
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part II
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part I
- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- Origin of Probabilities
- No More Secrets
- Predictions Are Very Hard
- AI Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Consciousness Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Human Survival Information Intelligence Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Philosophy Psychedelics Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Uncategorized Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Futurism
Predictions Are Very Hard
Predictions are very hard, especially about the future – Niels Bohr but often attributed to Yogi Berra The latest paper to predict the inevitable collapse of civilization comes from Paul Ehrlich: “Can a collapse of global civilization be avoided?” Ehrlich … Continue reading
Posted in Climate change, End Times, Futurism 12 Comments
Climate of Change
One of the more controversial topics of our current time is climate change. One group which includes the vast majority of climate scientists believes recent climate change is occurring and is primarily caused by greenhouse gases produced by humans. Another … Continue reading
Posted in Climate change, Futurism 4 Comments
Julian Huxley and a New Animism
As a child, I had the typical conception that a child has of God. It was always somewhat vague but corresponded more or less to some male human-like entity that resided in Heaven, wherever that was, who protected me and … Continue reading
Posted in Consciousness, Futurism, Human Evolution, Transhumanism 8 Comments