- The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Conspiracies
- Rubber Hands
- Does Science Need Metaphysics?
- COVID-19 Alternatives
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part II
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part I
- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- 2012 Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Cold fusion Consciousness DMT Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Intelligence Kundalini Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Philosophy Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Uncategorized Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Electromagnetism
During the course of responding to my previous post, I came upon a paper by Johnjoe McFadden Synchronous Firing and Its Influence on the Brain’s Electromagnetic Field Evidence for an Electromagnetic Field Theory of Consciousness. This is a remarkable paper … Continue reading
A new paper in Cell measures theta waves in the hippocampus of rats navigating a maze with multiple spatial paths. They found a decision-making process seemed to be involved consistently with theta wave patterns. The paper itself requires a subscription … Continue reading
A question that has puzzled me is the one of the evolutionary reasons for consciousness. I’m speaking loosely here. Evolution doesn’t really have reasons. Changes happen in organisms because the changes in the long run bestow some advantage (or at … Continue reading