Join 144 other subscribers
- Consciousness as Mimicry
- Is Northoff Pointing the Way to Solve the Serious (Hard) Problem?
- Ends and Odds
- The Problem of Particles
- The Mystery of Consciousness
- Doughnuts in the Brain
- What Wind Tunnels Can Tell Us About Consciousness
- Waves and Dimensions
- Fickle Neurons
- Why Is There Magnetite in the Human Brain?
- The Doors of Perception
- Everything You Need to Know About Metaphysics
- Inspiration 4
- Artificial Neural Nets and Learning
- Veridical OBEs and NDEs?
- Electromagnetism Is a Property of Spacetime Itself
- Two Recent Articles on Neurons
- UFOs, UAPs, and UEPs(?)
- Did Homo erectus speak?
- The Other Simulation Hypothesis
- Secret Ingredient?
- The Hidden Spring
- Spontaneous Electrical Low-frequency Oscillations (SELFOs)
- Feeling Neurons?
- Civil Servant With No Brain Explained
- The First Minds: Caterpillars, Karyotes, and Consciousness
- Cellular Basis of Consciousness
- EM Field Integrates Information Spatially in Brain
- Time Loops
- Reporting Crows
- Fully Automated Luxury … Dancing? (A futuristic conspiracy theory) — Turing’s Radiator
- Brief Followup to World As Neural Network
- World As Neural Network?
- Origins of Qualia and Self
- Brain As Emulator
- Magnetic Universe
- Aging and the Gut Brain Axis
- Duke Study May Confirm McFadden Prediction
- The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 Conspiracies
- Rubber Hands
- Does Science Need Metaphysics?
- COVID-19 Alternatives
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part II
- McFadden’s EM Field Theory: Part I
- Decisions, Decisions
- The Unsolved Puzzle
- Hard[ly a] Problem
- Evolution, Learning, and Uncertainty
- Artificial Consciousness?
- EM Fields and Consciousness Research
- EM Fields and Consciousness
- Temporal Resolution of Conscious Experience
- The Mystery From 70,000 Years Ago
- Building an Artificial Human
- The Hard But Unserious Problem of Consciousness
- Out of South Africa
- What Will it Take for Humanity to Survive?
- Question Marks and Hard Problems
- I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
- Followup to “Of Minds and Crows”
- World Stuff
- Of Minds and Crows
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Childhood’s End
- Waking, Dreaming, Being, (Non-Being)
- How Nature Plays the Lottery
- Thinking About Thinking
- A Close Stellar Encounter
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Consciousness: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Consciousness As a State of Matter?
- Snakes On A Brain
- Animism, Neuroscience, and Information
- Reincarnation . . . or Heaven?
- The Light Body
- Mind, Life, and Tensegrity
- Wave Theory
- Dying Brain Active
- Life Gets Complicated
- Are we hybrids?
- Purpose and Life
- Fullerene and Life
- The Intelligent Universe
- The Far Future
- Best Friends
- The Singularity May Not Be Coming Soon
- Life Predates Earth?
- Let’s Explore
- Does This Explain the Fermi Paradox?
- Brain Organization, Not Size, Key to Intelligence
- Beyond Belief: Divine Knowledge
- Nagel’s Mind and Cosmos
- Origin of Probabilities
- No More Secrets
- Predictions Are Very Hard
- AI Aliens Ayahuasca Brain size Climate change Consciousness Electromagnetism End Times Fermi Paradox Futurism Hive Human Evolution Human Survival Information Intelligence Mysteries NDE Origin of Life Philosophy Psychedelics Quantum Mechanics Randomness Robotics Running Tantra Time Transhumanism Uncategorized Utopia Waves
Category Archives: Origin of Life
The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul
The Evolution of the Sensitive Soul: Learning and the Origins of Consciousness by Simona Ginsburg and Eva Jablonka argues that a type of complex learning they call unlimited associative learning (UAL) is a marker in the evolutionary record for the … Continue reading
Posted in Consciousness, Human Evolution, Origin of Life 10 Comments
I’m Still Here. Where Are the Aliens?
As the few of you who have followed my blog might know, I haven’t posted anything in over a year. I don’t have a special explanation for this beyond that I just didn’t feel like working on something. Writing is … Continue reading
Posted in Aliens, Fermi Paradox, Human Evolution, Origin of Life 6 Comments
How Nature Plays the Lottery
Rick Searle has a post up on Life: Inevitable or Accident? at his website Utopia or Dystopia. In it he discusses the somewhat contrasting ideas of Jeremy England and Henry Gee. I touched a little on Jeremy England in a post a few … Continue reading
Posted in Origin of Life 6 Comments